Friday, January 10, 2014

Muppets for Justice and The Book That Can Be Read with Eyes

Joining me on today's very special post is none other than the author of the award-winning blog Muppets for Justice (Seriously, it's been nominated for, like, a thousand awards, but he's refused to answer the contractually obligated questions that accompany these very real awards, therefore most of the awards have been revoked). Everyone give a warm welcome to:

ADDMAN


I'm sure many of you have heard the spectacular news, but for those you who've been living under a rock... or in a house with no internet access, Addman has released an eBook compilation of comedic articles. Here's the cover:

Also the title is on there, too.

Unfortunately, the cover's the only thing he's giving to you for free (except some of the content of the book that's taken from his blog). If you're eager to get your hands on this comedic gem, the two links below shall pave the way to hilarity:

Click Here to Purchase the US version.
Click Here to Purchase the UK version.

Now, let's get the ball rolling with some silly:

Chiz: If you could be any fruit, what would you be?

Addman: Julian Clary.

Chiz: I bet Mr. Clary could be a banana, because you can peel him open and eat his insides. Moving on, when did Gotax the Destroyer become real to you?

Addman: The moment that I just Googled "Gotax The Destroyer" and ended up on a tax calculator website. I wish he would come and destroy my tax returns so that I don't have to do them.

Chiz: They call him The Destroyer because he provides tax breaks. Get it? He breaks which could be considered a synonym for destroys. Ahem, out of any three bloggers you follow (Excluding myself as it would be unfair), who would you screw/marry/kill? 

Addman: That's a shame because I would have picked you for all three. Like a Black Widow spider, I tend to eat my sexual partners after intercourse. We all get a little peckish after making love, but I don't just settle for a pizza...

Chiz: I’ll be on the next flight to London. Next question: If writing was karate, what color would your belt be?

Addman: I wouldn't have a belt. I'd be holding my trousers up with a kettle cord, hoping that they don't fall down whilst I attempted a Spinning Bird Kick that I learned from playing Street Fighter 2.

Ooo, that was refreshing, but unfortunately, that concludes the icebreaker portion of the interview. Phase 2: Activate!


Chiz: Describe your book in 5 words or less.

Addman: Funny eBook Please Buy Now

Chiz: My money's in hand. What inspired you to release this compilation?

Addman: I wanted to try my hand at becoming a published author. This way I can tell my family that I have made money off of Blogging, so they don't see it as a complete waste of time.

In all honesty, I've been writing articles over at my blog, Muppets For Justice for years. It just felt like a suitable time to compile them together, add in a few goodies to sweeten the deal, and see what this whole self-publishing thing is all about!

The book is essentially a "best of" album containing my favourite posts from Muppets For Justice. Most of these are short, 1000 word articles on a variety of different topics. It covers everything from demonic possession, to parkour, to cuddling. There should be something there for everyone.

It also includes a whole bunch of never before seen content, as a little sweetener. I figured that I couldn't sell a book with content that was available for free online, so as an incentive, if you like my brand of humour, you should enjoy all the new stuff in here. It's roughly 50% new words!


Chiz: Any chance of similar publications in the future? Perhaps a Muppets for Justice Almanac?

Addman: I doubt I will be doing an annual Muppets For Justice publication. If all goes well with this launch, I do intend to release other projects, but not under the Muppets For Justice banner.

Chiz: How many years did it take you to come up with the title, and what does it mean?

Addman: You mean Muppets For Justice? I was going to call it World Of Blancmange, but you know what people are like, they need everything spelling out for them.

Frankly, I just didn't know what else to call it. It's a collection of stuff from my Blog Muppets For Justice, so I've just called it Muppets For Justice.


Chiz: In the future, what do you hope to accomplish in the way if writing?

Addman: I'd be honoured if my book helped resolve world peace in some small way. Failing that, my raison d'etre is to make people laugh. If I'm not doing that, then I'm doing something wrong. I only want to entertain.

Chiz: Any words to those about to plunge into your book?


Addman: Frankly, I'm not sure what I'd think if I were reading these for the first time. Good luck, hope you enjoy it, and I hope your sanity doesn't leak out of your ears.

Chiz: Alright, Addman, that's all the questions I have for you, and thank you for including me in your blog tour. I wish you the best, and I have no doubt your eBook will rile the bellies of readers through fits of uncontrollable giggles.

And that concludes our interview for today. I hope you all managed to gather some blackmail material out of this interview for future use when Addman becomes a famous, rich, comedic icon.

And to save you the hassle of scrolling to the top of the post, here are the eBook links once again:

Click Here to Purchase the US version.
Click Here to Purchase the UK version.

23 comments:

  1. I always love it when you and Addman get together. I hope it goes well for the guy. He's got enough of a fanbase and enough connections to really make a go of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping that one day we can get together for good, and have a family. In the meantime, I hope he starts raking in the dough with his book sales, so I can be made into a housewife.

      Delete
  2. You would choose Chiz for screw, marry and kill? In what order?
    Also, Gotax the Destroyer is now the name I'm choosing when I become the 15th guitarist of Gwar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping marry would be the last thing he does because I'd like to be the first to have a wedding and a funeral all at once. And, there's got to be a good Gwar name based off of your blog avatar. Pickleope the Pickle Jucier, perhaps?

      Delete
  3. Thank you for having me, Chiz. I only hope this is as fun to read as it was to answer. Hopefully your plane ticket will arrive soon, because I am getting rather hungry/horny over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for including me in your blog tour, Addman. I wish you the best, and I'm going to buy your eBook tonight since I'm finally getting my Kindle back. I'll leave a lovely review once I've read it.

      Delete
    2. That's providing you actually like it, of course.

      No, in fact, give it a five star review anyway.

      Delete
  4. Good questions chaps and good answers chaps, I will bear this interview in mind when I do my next interview, I may try practising by interviewing myself first.

    I must go now as I am going out, but have not long come in for a cup of tea as I fell down a muddy hole and I now smell not nice so I need to sort of wash before I go out or folk will run away. . . . . .

    I guess you did not need to know that really . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't need to know it, but I wanted to. Please, explain the cleaning process in more depth.

      And, I like to take on my interviewees persona, even dress up as them, and recite how I believe the interview will go by using alternating mirrors. Seems to work well enough.

      Delete
    2. The cleaning process involved a shower and a cat they do not go together well so water goes everywhere, thus ensuring every part of me was clean.

      Are you sure you did interview Mr Addman or did you end up interviewing yourself as Mr Addman, but thought it was him. I can see much scope for this technique suddenly no one can escape the Chiz interview . . . .

      Delete
    3. I'm beginning to suspect whether Addman was in fact in my living room. Perhaps Addman is my personal blog-version of Tyler Durden.

      Delete
    4. Chiz, I told you not to talk about that!

      Delete
    5. What are you going to do? Kill me? Impossible. You'll end up killing yourself in the process.

      Delete
  5. I never quite know how to take you, Chiz; for a while I thought this was a spoof interview, invented from your disturbingly creative mind (I've yet to erase that image of the clown from one of your earlier offerings). Your posts are always original, and that keeps me coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Bryan. Yeah, I can imagine it's pretty difficult to keep up seeing as I often alternate between true and fake stories. I'll try to include a disclaimer before every post. But I can assure you, Addman is a real person and not a figment of my imagination.

      Delete
    2. They all say that . . . . . . real . . . . . .HA hHAh hAh ah hAh hah hah ah hah ah ha ha hah a haha hha ha hahahahah ha ha He is as real as I am . . . . . . HANG ON?

      Delete
    3. I feel like there should be an investigation, now. Who is Addman reeeaaally?

      Delete
  6. Splendid interview boy, very splendid indeed. As soon as I figure out how to use my kindle I will be buying the book and leaving a 5* (and probably slightly bizzarre) review. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is excellent news! And, I had to fix my grandfather's Kindle this weekend; those things can be infuriating.

      Delete
  7. I don't even have a Kindle and I bought this. I just read it on my computer screen like some kind of stone age idiot. So take heed, people of the Internets, you have no excuse for not checking this out.

    Also, I think it goes without saying that I love when Chiz and Addman get together (non sexually)

    (also sexually)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do that with "1001 Arabian Nights" about 1001 days ago, but then I graduated into the 21st century and bought, er, received a Kindle for my Birthday. A fine investment it has been.

      And, I've had the urge to shout our non-sexual relationship from the rooftops, and then whisper the rather promiscuous details of our encounters in private.

      Delete
  8. I literally laughed at loud at the five word description of the the book. XD

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As did I when he initially answered it. He's a quick witted one, is he.

      Delete