Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Her Special Day Shoes

Hey, e'erybody!

Our friend Michael over at Want2BWriter.com, whom I'm sure many of you are familiar with, is seeking a bit of assistance. Unfortunately, his friend Kristin is battling Stage 3 HER2 Breast Cancer, and though Michael has faith that she’ll win the fight, he is giving her the upper hand by releasing his nonprofit eBook, Her Special Day Shoes


This short story is available on Amazon.com. 50% of profits go to Kristin and her family while the remaining is sent to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. If you have a few dollars to spare, I suggest you purchase the eBook. Not only are the funds going toward a great cause but the story, itself, is quite entertaining and thought-provoking. 

If my words aren't enough to convince you, then let Michael attempt to persuade you:


The link to the eBook is in the YouTube description, if you’re interested, or you can use the following link: Click here, ladies and gentlemen.
. . .

It is obvious in his writing that Michael has poured his heart into writing this touching short story. Since Michael has been confronted with many hardships in his own life, he is able to relate with the protagonist, Rachael. This makes us, the audience, capable of connecting with the characters on a deeper level. Though short, this story packs a wallop in the emotional department. It is definitely deserved of everyone's time.

This book also includes three intriguing essays from Michael, including his award winning essay, "White on White Crime".

This book is only going for $2.86 (Or three shillings or whatever you European folks are using nowadays). You wouldn't hesitate to spend that kind of money on a bag of Fritos, or a frosty beer at the pub, or a dry foot rub from that strangely attractive hippo on the street corner.

So, lets all help our friend Michael in his quest to raise funds for Kristin and breast cancer research.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to dedicate this blog to Michael Walker and our dear friend Kristin! I appreciate your help! Kristin is a fighter and she is very loved! Thanks again!-----Kelly Hetzer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Kelly! Anything to help a great cause!

      Delete
  2. Chiz you are an awesome human being. Thank you for your kind words and for your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Michael! Don't mention it. It's a worthy cause that deserves attention.

      Delete
  3. Good cause guys, I hope Kristin pulls through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Michael's donations will assist her in doing so.

      Delete
  4. Best wishes to Kristin so she can recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A frosty beer for $2.86? Not around here. :(

    It's a great cause though, and I love passion in writing. This black hearted old slug is off to check it out and do something positive with his $2.86.

    Now then... where might I find this strangely attractive hippo? For research purposes, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can live the Highlife for $2 at my local bar. Unfortunately, to tantalize my taste buds in the slightest, I'll have to dish out about $4.

      And if you're searching for the hippo, take a jaunt around town. Your journey will eventually lead you to the hippo. She's hard to miss since she will be blocking off the entire sidewalk.

      Delete
  6. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of your support. I am both honored and humbled by your friends and follower's generosity. #FriendForLife

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chiz,

    I just wanted to give you and update on Kristin's status. Thanks in part to your generosity and kindness, Kristin is beating her cancer.

    In her own words:

    "Well...friends and family..it is with great joy that I share that my PET Scan showed no glow anywhere. No new spots of concern and the ones I had are no longer showing up. What this means is the Chemo worked and has stopped the Cancer. My course of action will remain the same (surgeries and radiation and such) but we have NO new worries. Even though I have been so nauseous today...it is a good day."

    I can't thank you enough my friend.

    Cheers!

    `Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent news, Michael! Let Kristin know that I admire her strength and positive outlook despite her circumstances.

      Thanks for the update; it's much appreciated, and it brightened my day.

      Thanks for allowing me to partake in your project!

      Cheers to you, as well!

      Delete