Friday, January 25, 2013

Try The Calamari - New Blog

I know you guys are getting tired of my talks of new blogs every week, but I'm at least filling you in on what's been keeping me busy besides my job and trying to find a house. Be happy of that.

H'anyway, I'll keep it short and sweet. I've created a music review site called Try The Calamari. I'm not the most music literate person in the world, but I listen to a lot of music which makes me an expert in my own mind. My reviews are most likely going to be extremely biased and use very little music-centered lingo. I have my first review up. It's of my favorite band, so it's extremely biased and basically just all praise.

Try The Calamari
This is also a link.

I'm not telling you guys to follow it because our taste in music may be different, but I thought I'd put this up here so you know where some of my time is being invested.

P.S. Although I think this blog will be fun for me, it's alternate purpose is so that I can have something appropriate to put on my resume other than Chiz Chat which can sometimes be offensive.

P.S.S. The blog looks a bit disorganized on certain operating systems. Make sure you have update browsers if you want to check it out.

14 comments:

  1. Another blog? Good lord man! I think that Pride went to your head and now you think you can just put up a new blog any old time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm a glutton for punishment. SO I'm suffering from a few overindulging sin characteristics at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Awww that's a pretty cute banner. I hope you have some fun with it. I listen to a lot of music but these days it's generally the same music. To answer your question about the transparent header I direct you here: http://blog.fangtalks.com/2013/01/blogger-tips-and-tricks-transparent.html. Fang helped me out with it and then he made a post about it with the codes he used, so with that you can make stuff transparent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. That was the biggest issue with finding a layout. I had to have the banner match the wallpaper. Hopefully now I can have a wallpaper that's a bit more exciting rather than just solid pink.

      Delete
  3. Well I thought it was pretty well written and humorous to read.

    Good luck with the new blog. (Love the header) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lily! I kind of started off wanting to make it funny. Then, I kind of fizzled out. I'll just stick to whatever comes out of my mouth I suppose.

      Delete
  4. You are sure to be a publishing king pin right up there with Hef in no time at all!! I am going to see your biased work right now...if my browser will let me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seems to work on all browsers except the version of Internet Explorer I have on my work computer.

      Delete
  5. Nice man, I'll be checking it out.

    Listened to a few "Dear Hunter" songs, too. I liked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Youngman! And I'm glad you like them. They've been my favorite band ever since I first heard them.

      Delete
  6. I think we are all a bit bigoted when it comes to music. I know I am; my taste in music is superb (even though I say so myself!).

    I will be dropping in on your music site some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bryan. Yeah, it's hard not to be biased when i'm reviewing my favorite band first.

      Delete
  7. Congrats and good luck. I'm headed over now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elsie! I hope you like it!

      Delete