Monday, January 28, 2013

Stuff I Betcha' Didn't Never Knowed

Chiz's Cavalcade of Interesting Facts and Stuff That Is True

>Asphalt paving foremans have the highest paving job in America.

>Cryptozoology is the study of mythical creatures such as unicorns and giraffes.
From the Mongolian fable, The Man Who Thought a Giraffe Was His Dog.
>The 'S' in Harry S Truman stands for Dave.

>'Philanthropist' is derived from the Latin word Phila, meaning 'flange', and the Mesopotamian word Nthropist, meaning 'ellipse'.

>Baked scrod is a dish native to Norway.

>Scrod was invented in Norway.

>Rick Moranis, formally Ricky Moranis, got a sex change operation so he could play the father in Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.
Pre-op photo.
>Harrison Ford was originally cast for the role of Princess Leia, but George Lucas felt his eyelashes were too short.

>The human body produces enough saliva in a day to fill an Olympic-size swimming pool and an empty can of Canada Dry.

>The Titanic's hull was breached by an iceberg, but it was after hitting a wandering African sea elephant that the boat began to sink.
Not the actual elephant.
>Breaking Bad is based off a true story.

>If you fold a piece of paper in half 4 times, it'll be tall enough to reach the moon.

>The Geico gecko is real, but his accent is fake.
Before voice-over
>Earth, Wind & Fire's hit song "September" was originally called "February" before they came to the realization that no one wants to dance in February.

>Jennifer Lopez wasn't revelant until she starred in the Oscar-nominated movie Gigli.

18 comments:

  1. Oh man! I am totally going to win Trivial Pursuit now. Thanks, Chiz. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just a sample of the new Trivial Pursuit Guide I'm writing out. It'll contain over 70,000 random facts!

      Delete
  2. Lots of fun here. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you're welcome, Stephen!

      Delete
  3. I think the scary thing is at least one of those is true, and a lot more of them make a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the Jennifer Lopez fact could be true since the movie was so incredibly bad that people thought it was a cry for help.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh, I hear you there. Despite having the most romantic holiday, February sure does suck weather-wise.

      Delete
  5. OUCH! It would seem that laughing loudly, is not conducive to the headache I'm currently suffering with.

    More 'Chiz's Cavalcade of Interesting Facts and Stuff That Is True!!' Pleeeeease. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lily! I was worried about this post because I didn't think any one would find it as funny as I, but I'm sure glad you did! I'll release some more in the near future.

      Delete
  6. What if I don't like dancing in September either? Okay, you caught me, I just don't like dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone likes dancing after a few beers. Even if it's by themself in the comfort of their own bathroom.

      Delete
  7. What an original mind you have, Chiz. Some might call it deranged or thought-disordered. I prefer to view it as inventive and extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Bryan! Finally someone understands me!

      Delete
  8. I liked the folding paper fact. Is that the technique that allowed NASA to win the space race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was first utilized by a 7 year old named Shelly from New Zealand, but that fact has been lost in the books.

      Delete