Monday, December 24, 2012

Merrchrimmas!

Happy Holidays, everybody!

That's right, I said "Happy Holidays;" you know why? Because I'm all about being politically correct! it rolls off the tongue nicer. I mean, I'm all for Happy Hanukkah or Merry Christmas, but if you ever get the misfortune of hearing me talk, I don't have the most fluid linguistics in the country the world the universe. Basically, I try to talk so fast that words collide into one another as they leave my mouth, creating a aesthetically displeasing combination such as "Merrchrimmas" or "Happyonikuh." Also, I'm drunk pretty much all the time which doesn't help. So, don't get offended if I say "Happy Holidays."

Chiz, why write it out, tough? There's no way your speech impediment can influence your writing in such a way.
Uh... I don't know. I just needed something stupid to write about on this post aside from that it's unlikely that there'll be any more posts this week due to Christmas and New Year's.
Okay, fair enough.

But, yeah, in case you didn't get the message from that awkward exchange I attempted to portray, it's unlikely that I'll be posting for the rest of the week. Though, I may have a post about some silly post about a silly New Year's resolution that I'll try to make funny and most likely fail. But, then again, that probably won't happen either.

H'anyway, I hope y'all have a Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, or Happy Whatever-else-won't-get-people-offended!

I accidentally posted this picture twice, but I'm going to leave it because pugs are so silly. Look at his face; it's so silly! Imagine if it had a red nose like Rudolph? I'd probably die if it did! T'ohoho, so silly.

17 comments:

  1. That is one silly little pug. I read today something I can't believe I forgot. Holiday is based on "holy day" so "holiday" should technically be more offensive, and therefore not politically correct. So stick with "Merry Christmas".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you mention this because I was thinking the same thing earlier. I was literally saying "Holy Day" aloud to myself in my cubicle. I swear I'm not crazy.

      Delete
  2. Has anybody actually met anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa?
    Happy whatever doesn't offend you too Chiz. Hope that you have a great Holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hop you had a Happy Holiday! And I've never encountered anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa, myself.

      Delete
  3. You're drunk now aren't you? Those pics are great!!! Merry Chrimma yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I snuck a few dozen nips into work that day, and MerrChrimmas to you, goo sir!

      Delete
  4. Is it over? Please tell me these holidays are over because I can't take anymore stressing over something that is supposed to be jolly and grand! Think happy thoughts, Dan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Dan! You made it through another holiday season (even though crippling debt may still be present).

      Delete
  5. Happy Holidays. I feel safe saying that, since Christmas has passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Happy Holiday to you as well, Flip!

      Delete
  6. I'm with Lily. Every black person I've ever met just celebrates Christmas. I have nothing against Kwanzaa, but I have not met a single person who's ever celebrated it.

    Also, if there's one thing I've learned from blogging, it's that's the entire week of Christmas leading up to New Years is pretty dead, so posting a bunch of new material is pretty pointless. I guess people want to spend time with their families instead of typing on a computer. Psssh.

    Merry Christmas! Only 363 days till it's here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas!

      And, I have no idea what the deal with Kwanzaa is. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and even that website doesn't know what it is.

      Delete
  7. I just love the meanderings of the intoxicated mind. And great picture(s)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it pleases me to know they are appreciated!

      Delete
  8. Badass dogs like that deserve to be posted twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Mrrrrrry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
    2. Merry Christmas, Youngman! And pugs are simply delightful, no matter the occasion.

      Delete