Monday, May 14, 2012

Shitty Post About Dead Bodies and Stuff

If you don't want to read about gore and death and such, skip this post. I'll have a funny one tomorrow.

Article: Man struck by train in Foxboro

I'll have a funny post tomorrow hopefully, but as for now, let me tell you a little about the end my day. So, I'm on my way home from work when the train operator comes over the intercom saying that there has been a fatality on one of the rails up ahead. It didn't really come as too much of a shock as I hear about train suicides all the time. Anyway, I took this chance to work a bit on my manuscript which is severely lacking.

After approximately 45 minutes of waiting, the train operator said we were set to move on through as one of the rails was cleared. On we went at an amazing speed of 5.5 mph when I saw a man in an orange vest giving the train a "don't look" gesture as we passed by. So, being a human being and all, that is obviously going to prompt me to stare the shit out of whatever's about to come. I attentively waited as I began seeing cops appear in steady intervals. That's when the first caution sign appeared. On the track beside us, lay a red bulbous organ. I couldn't tell you what it was; all I know is I should have stopped there.

Several yards down the track, I saw the second caution. An even larger pile of organs lay on the track (more that I thought could fit in any human body). Well, that was my last chance to turn away to avoid the big finale. Several more yards down was what remained of this poor gentleman. I'm assuming the bottom half of his body must have disintegrated because all that remained of the man was from the top of his waist up. He essentially looked like an empty shell as his organs had all been thrown from his body. His head was caved in and his hole body pale as a ghost. Quite frankly, it was definitely one of the most disturbing things I've seen in my life.

Anyway, why am I telling you this? Bah, I don't know. I guess it's to further drive home the fact that life is fragile, and although I complain about several things on my blog, it's basically all in good fun. Why did I tell it in such a gruesome manner? Suspense, I assume? I don't know. But, to prove to you that I'm not sadistic, I did get a bit queasy once I saw the victim.

Woah, I've got to go tweak my car to regain some of my manliness. Although, that's hard to do with a Nissan Versa. Maybe I'll just watch some 16 and Pregnant and go to bed instead. Sorry for the dreary post.

24 comments:

  1. You could tweak a pregnant 16 year old instead.

    It's human nature to gawp at a deadly accident. Whenever there's a road accident on the motorway, you see people in the other lanes slow down to get a better look, which in turn causes more accidents. The circle of life could not be better illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen some horrific car accidents, but for those, I usually get half a glimpse of them and I'm off. For this one I have a lovely glimpse of everything.

      Delete
  2. Umm, I'll wait until tomorrow. Are you kidding? Is this post about kittens? I am so tempted to just read it, but I don't like death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully, it's not all that bad. I just don't want like an 8 year old stumbling upont his and reading it.

      Delete
  3. I would have looked too actually. I imagine a lot of people did. Probably out of curiosity. I don't think it's that big a thing over here though. Or I just don't ride enough trains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen enough pictures and such to prepare myself for it. So it wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  4. Life is fragile, especially against a train. Its human nature to look, I just hope you don't have desturbing dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting enough, I did have a scary dream, but it was about a zombie invasion because I'm a child, and zombie apocalypses turn me on.

      Delete
  5. Wooo, I don't even know what to say on this one yet. I'm horrified? I watch some of the ER stories on TV (sometimes through my fingers) but to witness an actual mutilated real life body.....*shudders*
    BTW, I probably would have looked too, I'm just that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they would've been better off pretending like nothing happened. If I didn't hear about the fatality, I would be too balls deep in my computer to realize there was a mutilated body outside.

      Delete
  6. I saw a dead body once, years ago and the smell of decay is still with me to this day.

    It is a natural curiosity to want to look, like when you watch Tom Cruise movie in 'Mission Impossible #236. You want to turn away but you just cant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, perfect explanation, but yeah, I suppose I prepped myself up for it enough to not totally be freaked out by it luckily. Thank God for the internet.

      Delete
  7. Sometimes we forget what's under all this sexy skin of ours.
    And sometimes I think we're designed to do so.
    I just hope no kids on the train saw it, because that's the kind of thing their minds will find harder to forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened while everyone was getting off from work, so I don't think any children saw it. At least I hope so too.

      Delete
  8. Oh man. That is a sight you might not soon get out of your head. A friend saw a guy jump once and she was shook up for ages. Not a great thing to see but I like your take on it. Life is precious indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm basically over it now, but it definitely snapped me out of my writer's block as it appears.

      Delete
    2. The up-side to witnessing death. Sorry, that was wrong. But funny. :)

      Delete
    3. Haha, don't worry. I wrote a few jokes under peoples' comments but quickly deleted them in fear that they'd find me sadistic.

      Delete
  9. Yikes! Daddy was a cop, growing up we stopped at every wreck or roadside emergency - more gore than anyone should see in a lifetime. What was he thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, I'd probably be horrified. I'm pretty good at dealing with abnormal situations, but I don't know if I could handle dead bodies on a regular basis.

      Delete
  10. Uh, yeah, pretty bizarre. It reminds me back in the early 1960s when the National Enquirer used to sometimes publish photos of scenes like that. It used to freak me out as a kid, but I still could help but look at those photos. I don't know when they stopped doing that, but I guess they decided that inquiring minds wanted to know something else.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man. That sounds pretty ridiculous. I assumed they stopped printing those pictures because children were getting their hands on it... maybe?

      Delete
  11. I think my dad was telling me about this the other day, he said some guy had his guts blown out by a train, but he said it with a smile on his face. I thought he was joking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, it was probably another person though because I live in the U.S.

      Delete