Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An A to Z Reflection


I barely escaped with my life, but the battle is over. I have come out victorious over the vicious onslaught of letters. Who knew there were so many letters in the alphabet?

Anyway, I would like to congratulate all of you whom have participated in the A to Z Challenge. It’s tickled me pink to have so many incredible blog posts to read every day. I would also like to extend thanks to those who have kept up with my blog throughout the month of April. Even if you did not participate in the challenge, it was great that you could find the time to read the work of your fellow bloggers as I’m sure that your blog rolls were steadily feeding you post after post every day; I know mine was.

Through this challenge, I have run into to so many incredible blogs that I wish I had stumbled upon sooner. I’ve also gained a multitude of dedicated followers whom I am very thankful for. I’m surprised you’ve stuck with me for this long after discovering how profoundly insane my posts can get.

But, most of all, I am thankful to the A to Z Challenge for shaping my fingers into mini Herculeses. Seriously, my fingers are so muscular that I feel the need to oil them and enter all 10 of them into a strongman competition. I’ve already punched holes in 4 keyboards due to their overwhelming, inherited strength. Bah, enough bragging about my jacked fingers.

However, the challenge has made me come to realize just how little words are in the English language. I would spend hours scouring the internet trying to find words. P… P… hmm… poop… pee… puh- puh- puh… what other words begin with P?!


I completed the entire A to Z Challenge, and all I got was this badge.

Anyway, I’m going to completely rip off Muppets for Justice (but it's okay because I hyperlinked his site) and provide you with a list of my favorite posts from A to Z Challenge participants, in no particular order.

Muppets for Justice for H - Homoerotic - Put simply, all of his posts were incredibly hilarious, and I'd be here all night should I try to pit my favorite. But, homoerotic is a funny word, so here you go.

The Incoherent Ramblings of a Moose! for Inappropriate Lyrical Content. And The Power Of Subliminal messaging. (A-Z Challenge) - Every single post brought tears to my eyes; her dialogues with Spawn especially.

Apocalypse Now for Today's Apocalypse Sign: Quid Pro Quo... - I feel like I learned more in his A-Z posts than I did throughout my entire college career. This post especially caught my eye.

HILL BLOCKS VIEW for Underwear Salesman. Door To Door. - Another blog that I could've spent all night pondering over. I decided to pick this one because not only is the post itself hilarious, but so is the title.

Seriously-WTH? for E is for The Epidemic - Kids for Sale? - The post is as the title explains. I'm glad Shay participated in the challenge; I find every one of her posts littered with genius.

Living In An Estrogenic Flux for Y is for My Youth - It would do this post injustice to "make a long story short," but let me just say it involves Your Dirty Bird working with wolves. Yes, wolves as in the real-life mammals.

Far Away Series for W - This post describes the unbelievable life of Mickey. Farawayeyes keeps the memory of Mickey by telling his story.

Elton Says Things for U, V and W are for Unemployment's Vacant Wideness - Elton never fails to deliver. Ever. Anyway, learn how he started off blogging through this post.

[A Daft Scots Lass] for Ginger Ninja Goals - First of all, congrats on quitting smoking. I did so too, and it was torture. Anyway, her topic revolved around insults; although this one was about her epic nickname of Ginger Ninja.

Crazy California Claire for A-Z Challenge: T - Teenager - One of the epic blogs I encounter during the A to Z Challenge. This post is particularly hilarious.

Universal Gibberish for Alphabet Wishes - Z Is For... - A great poem to wrap up the challenge. How she managed to write unique rhymes everyday is beyond me.

My Baffling Brain for D is for... Dragons! - Obviously my favorite post because it was all about dragons, but  Loopyloo managed to cover a wide variety of fairy tale components throughout the challenge.

Alright, congratulations to every one. If I left you out, let me know, and I will add you to the list. But, for now I'm done because that list took way to long. Way past my bedtime.

28 comments:

  1. I am glad Shay was mentioned. She is one of my favorite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is quite the talented writer, indeed.

      Delete
  2. Thanx for the Shout Out. I need to steal your Survivor button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I got it from the A to Z Blogging Website, I will grant you permission to use it as you will.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link. I won't sue you for ripping me off, mainly because my lawyer is busy trying to sue McVities for stealing my cookie ideas. No sane person would ever come up with jam-flavoured cookies, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! And, I hear you there; you must have to be utterly insane to think of such a ridiculously delicious idea.

      Delete
  4. Aw thanks for the mention. Will have to come back and check all these posts out. And a woohoo for completing the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, you earned a shout out at the very least. Good job!

      Delete
  5. I never want to see letters again. AGH! Letters. AGH! More letters. Crap, they're everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 7|-|15 |33773|2. Bah, I tried. Letters are simply unavoidable.

      Delete
  6. You make my day every time I read your post and what I have come to enjoy so much about starting my blog reading journey is how supportive everyone is of each other's works. When I get the time I keep adding to my list but I will always first read the ones I started out with. Good job oh and speaking of muscled fingers? Maybe they could be put to some other use also? hahaha gotcha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but I feel the need to pay some homage to the blogs and followers that inspire me to continue writing. Looking back, my writing has greatly improved over the months.

      Delete
  7. A man with jacked up fingers? You do know that there are now women around the globe, determined to track you down and make you their bitch??

    Thanks Chiz for the mention. Everyone one of your posts, had in me in sodding hysterics! Seriously, you and the afore-mentioned 'Muppets for Justice', are utter bloody geniuses, who just get better with each post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but your posts were are ridiculously hilarious, and I'm glad you participated in the challenge. Thanks for the kind words as well.

      Delete
  8. Thank you kind sir. Finding your little corner of insanity kept me going when I SERIOUSLY wanted to quit.

    Yes, PLEASE give me the name and author of the book on Screenwriting. I'm in way over my head, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I literally scoured my entire house, but I cannot find the damn book. It's in here somewhere. I will eventually find it and let you know. In the meantime, just check the ratings on Amazon in order to discover some good books.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for mentioning me! I loved all of your posts, especially the kidnapping plot with Choz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Congrats on finishing the challenge!

      Delete
  10. Hey, thanks for the shout-out. This is what I was planning to do for my reflections piece (just not written it yet as stupidly went on to another challenge immediately - will I ever learn?!) The best thing about the A-Z was finding your blog and others like it. You made me laugh throughout the gruelling letter-infected month. Glad you, and your fingers, got resurrected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another challenge?! That's very courageous of you. I'm glad you found my blog entertaining! Congrats to you, and a future congrats when you finished your most recent challenge as well!

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to let you know you are in my Reflections blog :)

      Delete
    3. Haha perfect timing. I just left a comment.

      Delete
  11. I don't know how you managed to do this, but congratulations. Maybe next time I'll need to participate, if only because my fingers are scrawny q-tips, and they're tired of getting made fun of by the bigger, bulkier, homoerotically oiled up fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well having no life greatly contributed to the process. Anyway, thanks, and having you participate next year would be quite the treat. And, everytime I take gloves off, it's like I'm being treated to 10 free strippers.

      Delete
  12. Christ, we have to do a fucking reflection too?! I thought I was free and clear from the binds this challenge had on me - I've got bloody stubby fingers now. Well, I'll probably do the reflection in a week . . . or a month . . . but eventually as was my way with the whole challenge.

    PS thanks for the shout out my brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, well the reflection is just another post that's not really required. And, you deserve at least a shout out for completing the entire alphabet despite all the things going on in your life.

      Delete
  13. Congratulation on finishing the challenge. During the challenge I didn't visit as many blogs as I would like to but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with the reflection post! I am so glad my journey brought me here.

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, EvalinaMaria! Congrats on finishing it as well!

      Delete