Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Liquor


Liquor
(Pronounced lik-wawr [lik-ore] for rhyming purposes)

He lifts you up when you’re feeling down,
All he asks is a lengthy pour.
Impossible to wear a  frown,
Turn to the drawer for your friend Liquor!

Think your voice is as hushed as a mouse,
Yet vocal cords strain as you let out a roar.
The cops are called from the neighboring house,
Blame it all on your comrade Liquor.

Playing poker with wads of cash,
Thought you were in with a nine and a four.
Realize what’s what and made for a dash,
But tripped and fell because Mr. Liquor.

She certainly wasn’t a real good-looker,
Broke the bank, now you got no more.
Used your expenses for a lowly hooker,
Thank your buddy! High-five, Liquor!

You mocked the gorilla in the zoo cage,
He took a swipe and removed the door.
He caught up to you and attacked with rage,
Forget the pain with your pal Liquor!

Infiltrating the mafia seemed easy enough,
Posing with bling and drugs galore.
They uncover your files and find you’re not tough,
Sit back and relax, offer up some Liquor.

Thought it’d be fun to raid missile silos,
Launch a rocket and declare State of War.
Now you dread the draft they propose,
As long as they let you bring your Liquor.

Beaten and bruised, seems like no fun,
Try to keep stable on the slanted floor.
But it’s easy to forget these horrible nights,
Grab for that bottle of trusty Liquor.

Woah! Is that bottle writing a poem? 
There's no way that picture is photshopped!

Yep, I got a little lazy with this one, but it's getting hard to keep up with the challenge. Must... drink more... epinephrine.

18 comments:

  1. This wasn't lazy, it was ace! Especially the line "infiltrating the mafia seemed easy enough".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure how this post would go, but I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Love getting all liquored up every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't we all. Especially at inappropriate times.

      Delete
  3. *giggles* Oh, excellent! I love your little ode... and am fond of this friend who leads me into trouble now and then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's a true pal. Never a dull moment.

      Delete
  4. I think you and I are on the same wavelengths with these posts. We keep writing about the same things:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that myself as well. Well I have a feeling our Ms will be vastly different.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yeah, I usually don't indulge too much in liquor myself. I was just out of ideas.

      Delete
  6. Haha this was great. Liquor seems like a very trusty friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always has something up his sleeve. though.

      Delete
  7. Who doesn't appreciate a good poem or a nice stiff drink every now an then? Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, kind sir. As long as the drink gets you places.

      Delete
  8. That was work, dude...it would have taken me three days and a bottle of liquor to write that stuff...if I finished at all. Top notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it didn't take me too long. About an hour max seeing as I used the same last line in every stanza essentially.

      Delete
  9. Hilarious! I got to the end and immediately poured myself a drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I reached my goal of fueling someone's alcoholism!

      Delete