Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A to Z Challenge Overview or Something


Since I have OCD, I am presenting you with one more blog for the month of March. The voices in my head told me that if I don’t provide double-digit figures in terms of blog posts for a month, something terrible will happen to me.  If you were looking for something funny then you should probably stop reading now. Anyway, with this final post before the commencement of April, I will talk a little bit about the A to Z Challenge.
I’ve suited up in glorious, protective metals and I believe I’m ready for battle. I’ve sharpened my sword and polished my shield. Unfortunately, everyone else is equipped with AK-47s and bazookas. Therefore, I’m going to need to visit the armory if I stand a chance against those bloggers actually prepared for the A to Z Battle Challenge.

So far I’ve only completed 6 of my posts for the looming April Challenge. For the remainder of March, I’m going to be busy busting out blogs to make up for lost time spent sabotaging a Boston-based hobo underground fight club. They are a wily bunch to say the least.

My posts are going to be relatively the same length as my usual posts and will contain the same sort of content. If you’re wondering what my theme is, then it’s going to disappoint you when I say I won’t be having one. Thus far, my posts are ranging from cat profiling to a haunting take on a children-themed event. As you can see, there is absolutely no structure or strategy.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts half as much as I enjoyed writing them (especially the letter E)! I’ll see you in April! I don’t know why I’m yelling!

Sorry to bore you with this lackluster post, but my brain will literally fall out of my head if I don’t have at least 10 posts a month.

23 comments:

  1. Chiz, I am there with ya on the pre-posts. I planned back in January to have all my posts methodically done and scheduled by the April 1st kick-off. Result: 5 completed and 4 in various stages. I suck. So this year will be much like last year...sweating the last minute demons. And no thread of a theme for me...lots of music and doomsday stuff though. To say the least, you will get a daily read from me and feel free to stop by if your brain has not literally fallen out of your head! Good luck in the Challenge (or as I am calling it, my own personal Hunger Games).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will absolutely be following your blog. You've done this before so you've got a leg up on me. I'm walking in the the lion's den and other such cliches.

      I'm thinking I may be able to squeeze out 2 more posts by April leaving me with 18 to complete during the month. Shit, it sounds worse when I write it down.

      Delete
  2. I haven't done any pre-posts although I do have outlines. You have got me wondering what you have planned for E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nothing spectacularly original, but it was the funnest for me to write so far. It puts a twist on an otherwise innocent children's event.

      Delete
  3. Dang it. All I have in my corner are a few gold doubloons (read Chuck E. Cheese tokens), some canary feathers (it's a whole costume thing), and fruit loops. No weaponry or protection. I need to form some alliances. Do you like fruit loops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Fruit Loops. You've got yourself an ally.

      Delete
  4. I will see you on A to Z. I have not prepped for it either, so I will write what comes naturally.

    Of course, I will be stopping by your blog to see what you have offered to us all.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Yeah, I'll be visiting your blog as well. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out to follow your blog.

      Delete
  5. The time went by just a lil too quick didn't it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're more man than I for accepting this challenge. I openly admit that I could never do this. Best of luck and don't let that brain fall out of your skull. The Shiba might eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Plus, I understand that you guys are busy with other projects; whereas I've got plenty of time to dick around.

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to see whats in store for us in April! Glad to see your doing preposts! Thats always a great idea!

    And having atleast ten posts a month makes sense to me! I'm glad you made this post! Now I have something to look forward to in the blogOsphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it! Hopefully I can complete the challenge without too much of a problem.

      Delete
  8. I only have the last four letters to do. I'm finished all the way up to V. Not to rub it in or anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well... Yep, I got nothing.

      Delete
  9. It's a delicate balance... I personally want to try to write as frequently as I possibly can...but, I don't want to be churning out posts just for the sake of writing a post. I want to be actually saying something. But then again, not writing very often can be kind of lame too. People may visit your blog expecting to see some new content only to be disappointed. Unfortunately, I don't have any good excuses for not writing like having to spend my time sabotaging a Boston-based underground fight club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I've banged out a few posts before the challenge. That way if I'm extremely brain dead a few days in April, I can take a day or two off. After April I'm most likely going down to roughly 10-15 posts a month cause I have other stuff I want to work on in the meantime.

      Delete
  10. Ha, I see you have no structure set up. I'm participating too! Finished writing my last post for it today. It did feel like preparing for battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, unless 'random' can be considered a theme, I'm what you would call 'wingin' it'. But, I'm glad your suited for battle because I'm sure as hell not.

      Delete
  11. Fellow A-Zer. Last year I did each post the night before, and it worked out pretty well. I've got the first week ready, so I'm feeling good going in. Have fun, looking forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's pretty insane. Yeah, I got the first week set too; so I think I'm in the clear as well. You have fun as well!

      Delete
  12. awaiting for a-z
    here is mine
    http://pa-ul.blogspot.com/search/label/GAC%20A-Z%20Artists

    ReplyDelete