Monday, December 5, 2011

Random Blog Promotion


In attempt to try and reel in more traffic to my blog, I’ve come to the realization that my blog is next to impossible to search for on any blog directory. The reason for this is when I am asked to choose from a list of specific categories my blog falls under, it doesn’t fit any of them. There is no category labeled “random shit.” I mean, I could always select a category that normal people would visit such as “news” or “family,” but I’m not a deceiver. This is what brings me to the argument: why must a blog have a specific focus?

I believe that bloggers should write about anything that pops into their head that they deem somewhat interesting. I mean music and news is great, but after a while you have to get the urge to write about something with tenacity, something worth going on a tangent about. I don’t know why people feel it’s taboo to write about whatever bullshit arises in your fucked up head. On another note, how do these people writing about how wonderful their family is get so many followers? Is there something so mysterious about an American, middle-class, white family?

“Little Jimmy finally wiped his own ass today. My breath was taken away as I realize he almost completely rid himself of all poo stains. He didn’t need to tag me until the very end.” Great, Sarah! That’s fuckin’ awesome! I’m glad your family is so wonderful. If only all families were as pure and righteous as yours!
Anyway, I don’t know what people find so interesting about those blogs. I guess it can be compared to reality shows on MTV (except these blogs leave out all the good shit like fighting, deception, and verbal insults leading to reevaluating of one’s self).

Also, why do so many blog promotion tutorials believe that blog posts should be short? I’m going to make my rant as long as I damn well please. I know it doesn’t make sense that I have so much shit to rage about seeing as I have no legitimate problems in my life, but… Yeah, I got nothing to back that up with. Anyway, back to my point. Bloggers should have no limits to their writing. How are you going to learn to expand your boundaries in real life if you can’t even go buck wild on a webpage reserved for you and only you?

I know none of this makes sense which is probably the real reason I have no followers. Anyway, my point is blogs about random shit shouldn’t be so hard to promote because they have diversity.

P.S. This woman here would make a much more interesting blogger than any of these fairy queens:

2 comments:

  1. It's sound good! I agree with you, why people think that blog post should be short? please answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just what I've read from these so called "blogging professionals." If people don't read the post, its more likely that they just don't like the subject matter rather than they think it's too long.

      Delete